How To Clean A Moissanite Ring
Your moissanite ring from The Moissanite Company is heirloom quality, made to last a lifetime. However, it’s important to care for and maintain your ring correctly to ensure it sparkles as bright as the day you first received it. Cleaning your moissanite ring at home is simple and easy - follow our quick step by step guide below.
Before we jump into how to clean your moissanite ring, we want to address the most common question about moissanite stones...
Does moissanite get cloudy?
Your moissanite is formed ethically in a laboratory, and comprises of the chemical compound silicon carbide (SiC). Your moissanite will never become cloudy, discoloured or change in its appearance. A moissanite stone will maintain its fire, brilliance, colour and clarity for a lifetime.
With everyday wear, exposure to beauty products, dirt and sweat your moissanite ring may appear dull or less sparkly than usual. This is normal and often happens with all hand jewellery. You should know, it can be avoided with regular cleaning - so your moissanite sparkles 24/7.
How to clean your moissanite ring
What You Need
- Dish Soap
- Hot Water
- Soft Toothbrush
- Polishing Cloth
- Paper Towel
How To Clean
- Pour dish liquid into your bowl, along with your hot water. Give it a stir to activate and bubble-up the dish liquid in the water.
- Gently place your ring in the soapy hot water and leave for a few minutes.
- Then, using your hot soapy water mixture and toothbrush, gently scrub your moissanite ring getting into all the crevices and especially, the underside of the centre stone(s).
- Rinse your ring well under warm running water. The high water pressure will help to ensure all the soap residue is removed. If you do not rinse your moissanite ring thoroughly, soap residue may remain and your ring won’t appear as sparkly as it could.
- Pat your ring dry with a piece of paper towel, and then gently polish using your Moissanite Company polishing cloth. Ensure you dry and polish your ring thoroughly for the ultimate sparkle.
Should you get your moissanite ring professionally cleaned?
We recommend you take your moissanite ring to be professionally cleaned at least once per year. You can take your ring to a local jeweller, or get in touch with us and we can arrange your annual clean and professional polish.
During a professional clean, a jeweller will check all of the stones within your ring setting to ensure none have loosened over time, followed by buffing and polishing your ring to remove any fine scratches. Your ring will also go through an ultrasonic cleaner to remove any debris and dirt, followed by a steam-clean. If your ring is white gold, it will be recommended for your ring to be re-plated in rhodium, to maintain it’s bright and shiny appearance.Your moissanite ring is an heirloom quality piece that you’ll love now, and forever. So, ensure you properly maintain your ring with these moissanite cleaning techniques and your ring will continue to shine as bright as the first time you wore it.
The Moissanite Company Difference
Here at The Moissanite Company, we value your love story. Based in Brisbane, Australia, we utilise the highest quality Moissanite and pair this with impeccable craftsmanship to bring your forever ring to life. We pride ourselves on being Bespoke, Ethical and Affordable. We also commit to a sustainable ‘now’ and ‘future’. We are on a mission to positively influence the jewellery industry, and provide customers with the sparkle they desire, at a price they can afford, with the environment front of mind, always! Get in touch today to receive a no-obligation quote from one of our jewellery experts.
Want to discover your dream moissanite ring? Click the button below.Discover Our Range